Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday Favorites

Who is glad that Halloween is over?  Me! 

All the excitement that leads up to actually going trick-or-treating and then the sugar high that seems to last for 36 hours straight is enough to kill me. 

We started a new tradition in our house this year for Halloween.  The "Switch Witch" visited us this year.  My oldest son is allergic to milk so about half the candy we get trick-or-treating contains milk.  So every year after we get all the candy, we sort it out into what is safe for him and what has milk in it.  So basically, all the candy bars go in to my pile.  This year we took all the candy that contained milk and left it out for the "Switch Witch".  While we were sleeping she took all the milk candy and switched it for some toys for the little Beanes.  It was a huge hit!  They all loved it.  The "Switch Witch" is a great idea for your food allergic children. 

Here are my top 5 picks for this week:


Sugar Cookie covered Oreos


Pan Crisped Salmon with Light Dijon Cream Sauce


Swedish Meatballs with Gravy


Oatmeal Butterscotch Bars with Brown Sugar Glaze


Peanut Butter Logs

That is what looks good to me this week.  I am linking up with Finding Joy in my Kitchen.  Go check her out.

3 comments:

  1. I'm liking the looks of those peanut butter logs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look great. I am going now to check them out. I know that I would love the salmon. Unfortunately, hubby doesn't eat fish. I love butterscotch and oatmeal together so I am glad to have another bar cookie recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete