Sunday, September 18, 2011

Menu Monday Sept. 19

We made it through another week.  We had some great dinners and some mediocre dinners, in my opinion.  I think I went a little heavy on the 'kid-friendly' side of things.  This week I am going to try to balance that out a little bit better.

The Honey-Garlic Meatballs were one of the 'too kid-friendly' foods for me.  My little Beanes at them up.  I did not think they were that great.  They were way too honey tasting for me.  I will use a different meatball recipe from now on.  But, the little Beanes ate them very well.  So no harm, no foul.  The Snake sandwich was a huge hit.  I will post that recipe soon.  Another kid-friendly recipe though.  We did not get around to the ham steak.  My  mom invited us over to dinner, so it stayed in the freezer for another time.  The huge hit of the week was the Balsamic Strawberry Pizza with chicken.  This is incredible!  It totally made up for the overly kid-friendly meals.  I LOVED this. Mr Homegrown loved it too.  I am moving it to our family favorites.  If you get a chance, make you one.  You will not regret it!

On to this week's menu.
Monday
Corn
Some kind of fruit

Tuesday
Navajo Tacos
Salad

Wednesday
IMG_3955.JPG
Tutti Fruity Chicken Kabobs
Rice

Thursday
My Mom's Chicken Pot Pie
Broccoli

Friday
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Bread

That is my week's plan.  I hope you have some yummy meals planned for your family.  I am linking up again at Menu Plan Monday.  Go check out all of the other wonderful recipes and menus.

No comments:

Post a Comment