Sunday, September 9, 2012

Menu Plan Monday

I mentioned in my Friday Favorites about String Beane having his first spelling test.  He made a 105!  He was so excited.  Me too.  I could not wait to pick him up at school to find out how he did.  I am so proud of him. 

I usually don't really recap our menu from past weeks on the new menu plan, but I have to take a minute and give a shout out to the original poster of this Goulash recipe.  I pinned it a few months ago and just got around to making it last week.  String Beane LOVED this recipe!  I have never heard him go on and on so much about how much he liked eating something!  Other than some type of new candy.  String Beane is my child with food allergies.  So to be true, I plan my menu totally around him.  We all eat the same thing, so it is always safe for him to eat.  String Beane absolutely couldn't care less about food if he tried.  It is good that he feels that way, since food allergies are a huge part of his life, but it is sort of a bummer when I bend over backwards to cook for someone who is never impressed.  Enter the Goulash recipe.  When we sat down to dinner, all the little Beanes at well.  String Beane ate and ate and ate the Goulash.  I have never seen him devour anything like it before.  When he finally did finish eating he asked if I could pack the left overs in his lunch box for school the next day.  Let's just say, I recommend the Goulash!  It will definitely make it's way into our normal rotation.


On to this week.  I hope it is just as successful as last week's. 

Monday

Bacon-y Chicken and Rice
Green Beans

Tuesday
County Fair
We will eat Fair Food!

Wednesday
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken
Sweet peas
Mashed Potatoes

Thursday
Pizza using Pioneer Woman's pizza dough.
Corn
Fruit

Friday

Crispy Shrimp Tacos
Rice
Mango

Weekend
We will be having Jelly Beane and Butter Beane's birthday party, so there should be plenty of party food for us to eat for leftovers.

What is on your menu for this week?  I am linking up with Menu Plan Monday.  Go check her out!

No comments:

Post a Comment