Monday, September 10, 2012

Banana Nut Biscoff Breakfast Cookies


Here is a secret...  I hate to cook breakfast.  H.A.T.E.  I mean, who wants to mess the kitchen up and have to clean before 9am?  Not me.  That is who.

I love to have breakfast for supper.  That is a delicious meal that we all love in our house.  But we eat it at night.

So I am constantly on the look out for some filling breakfast options that do not really require cooking for breakfast.  So far, I have come up with Sausage Rolls.  They my children's favorite breakfast.  A few weeks ago I ran across this recipe.  It was for Blueberry Biscoff Breakfast cookies.  Breakfast cookies!  Great idea, right?  It was genius sounding on so many levels.  Cookies for breakfast alone was a great idea, but then to have something that was healthy and did not require me to cook in the morning was ingenious.  I tweaked the ingredients to match what we liked and here is what I came up with.

Banana Nut Breakfast Cookies.....pure heaven.

Ingredients
1/2 cup margarine, softened (Fleishmann's unsalted is milk free)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup Biscoff Spread
1 egg
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 large banana, very ripe, mashed
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (Gharidelli is milk free)

Directions
In a bowl, cream the margarine, sugars and Biscoff until creamy, 3 minutes.  Add the egg and vanilla and mix for 2 more minutes.

Whisk together the dry ingredients and then add them to the wet ingredients.  Beat on low speed until just combined.  Stir in the pecans, banana, and chocolate chips. 

Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto a cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Let them cool on the pan for a few minutes and then move them to a cooking rack to let them cool completely.  Store in an air tight container.

 When you wake up in the morning your breakfast will be waiting for you!  

I am linking up with Metamorphosis Monday, Allergy free Wednesday, and these other Awesome Parties!

7 comments:

  1. Me too...I love to eat breakfast at supper...these look yummy..I saw you at Miz Helen's...I'm new follower...come see me if ya get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything with Biscoff in it and I am there! Thanks for the recipe!
    Saying Hi from Mom on A Time Out Hop...I host Photo Friday Link Party, I'd love to have you link up this or any other original photo from your blog. Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mamie,
    What a great breakfast cookie, we will just love these. Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of breakfast cookies. I've never tried banana ones though.

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower here from Everyday Mom's Meals Linky Party. We do breakfast for dinner a few times a week. LOVE it. My kids will absolutely love these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm anything banana is a great thing in our house! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week & come back soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete