Monday, October 1, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Krispie Treats

So,  I was innocently walking through Walmart the other day when I saw Jet Puff pumpkin Spice marshmallows.  I quickly snuck them in my shopping cart before any of the little Beanes saw them and started whining for them.

As soon as I got home, I knew I wanted to try them in Krispie Treats.  Oh Em Gee!  These things turned out awesome!  I am now on a mission to find some more of the pumpkin spice marshmallows.

Here is what you do.

Ingredients
3 Tablespoons margarine (Flieshmann's unsalted is milk free)
1 8oz bag of Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows
5 cups of rice cereal

Directions
In a large pot, over medium low heat, melt the margarine and marshmallows.  Stir in the rice cereal and coat the cereal completely.  Dump the cereal mixture into an 9x13 Pyrex dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Spread the cereal mixture evenly in the dish.  Cool for about 30 minutes, if you can stand to wait that long.

These things are super yummy, as my Butter Beane would say.  They are a great Fall treat for the lunch box or at home!

I am linking up with Metamorphosis Monday, Allergy Free Wednesday and these other Awesome Parties.

14 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Thanx for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea they've come out with pumpkin spice marshmellows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that I found you on Naptime Creations! These look absolutely delicious. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! I made pumpkin spice puppy chow this year, and it was delish! Also just bought some of those pumpkin marshmallows just to eat, but now I may have a use for them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pumpkin spice marshmallows? Who knew?! These sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey from tessacotton! Love your creation, pumpkin recipes are my favorite. I would be so thrilled if you would link up to my new, halloween themed linky party, live today!
    http://tessacotton.blogspot.com/2012/10/halloween-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm adding this to the list of awesome things I need to make this weekend!
    I never thought about pumpkin spice and rice krispie treats.
    We're big fans of pumpkin.
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been seeing all kinds of tasty looking marshmallows- I'll def have to try this maybe for the classroom halloween party. I host the Photo Friday Blog Hop and welcome you to join up with this or any other post you think readers would enjoy. Hope to see you there. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mamie,
    Your Pumpkin Spice Krispie Treat are just in time for our fall season, they look great! Enjoy your weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds so good! I'm gonna need to make these!
    Angie from www.marigoldmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks amazing!!! YUM!! thank you for sharing at Tasty Tuesdays. Just wanted to let you know that this recipe is being featured at this weeks party. the link will be live tonight at 8:30pm central time. Please stop by and grab a featured button and join in the new party!
    http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2012/10/pumpkin-pie-apple-crisp-and-tasteful.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was so excited when you said that Fleischmann's unsalted margarine was milk free, so I looked up the ingredients for confirmation. However, I found that it does contain whey, which is derived from milk. This could still be a problem for people with milk allergies, because it is very hard to get pure whey without some milk protein in it. Not trying to be a party-pooper, but wouldn't want someone with severe milk allergies to try this margarine without checking the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You might want to double check this in the grocery store. The fleischmann's SALTED margarine does contain milk, but the UNSALTED does not contain whey or any other milk product. It is in fact, Parve. I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fun and easy! Pinning and featuring tonight! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout! Hope to see you back tonight!

    -Trish

    ReplyDelete