Sunday, August 21, 2011

Menu Plan Monday August 22

I am glad to be at the beginning of a new week!  Last week was super busy.  Good, but busy.  This week holds it's own bag of emotions.  My String Beane is going to kindergarten tomorrow.  I am so nervous.  I know he will do fine, but I am not so sure about me!  I miss him already.

Last week's meals were hit and miss.  The pizza on the grill was really good but there is a definite learning curve to pizza on the grill.  Let's just say that the last one was better than the first one and leave it at that.  The potato kielbasa skillet was a huge hit last time and got mediocre reviews this time.  The little beanes ate it, but did not love it.  The same thing with the turkey meatballs.  Don't get me wrong, they ate them.  It is just last time I made them they LOVED them.  What's up with that?  Just when you think you have a sure fire recipe they change their minds.  I'm just going to say this.  I hate sloppy joe's.  Mr Homegrown loves them and the little beanes like them okay.  I don't see the attraction at all.  The sloppy joe race cars were very cute.  I mostly made them for Butter Beane who is in love with Cars right now.  He was very excited when I put his plate in front of him but then said that Lighning McQueen was red.  I don't know how to make red buns.  The big winner of the week was the Seafood Jambalaya Casserole and the Pudgy cake.  They were both excellent!  Everyone ate and loved.

Here is this week.  I am linking up again with Menu Plan Monday.

Monday
Rice
Green  Beans

Tuesday
Ground Beef Pasties
Applesauce

Wednesday

Chicken Macaroni Bake
Peas
Fruit

Thursday

Chick-Fil-A nuggets
Potato Salad
French fries

 Friday
Pizza made with Beer Batter Pizza Crust

No comments:

Post a Comment