Saturday, June 9, 2012

Beef Teriyaki



This is my first freezer meal.  With our upcoming move, I decided I need to get some meals ready to go.  I bought some Sirloin steak that needed to be cooked right away.  So Beef Teriyaki it is! 

I was really happy with how it turned out.  It is easy to cook and froze well.  When I needed a meal fast, I just let it thaw for a couple of hours and then reheated it on the stove.  Easy.  It was delicious and all the little Beanes ate it without complaint.  Score!

Here is what I did.

Ingredients
1 pound of boneless beef sirloin steak
2 Tablespoons cooking oil
2 Tablespoons of cornstarch
1 can of beef broth (14 oz.)
2 Tablespoons of soy sauce
1 Tablespoon packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 bag of frozen stir fry veggies, thawed

Directions

Slice beef into thin strips.

In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic. 

In a skillet, saute the beef in the oil, over medium/high heat, until browned. 

Stir in the stir fry veggies and soy sauce mixture.  Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring frequently. 

If you want to eat immediately, serve over rice.

To freeze for later, let the mixture cool and then transfer to a zip lock bag and freeze flat. 

To eat from the freezer, let the mixture thaw and then reheat it in a large pan.  Serve over hot rice.

This was a very good and easy meal.  I really enjoyed being able to pull it out of the freezer and heat it up on the stove.  Because we used a bag of the frozen stir fry veggies, they did not get soggy in the freezer.

I am linking up with Metamorphosis Monday, Allergy free Wednesday and these other Awesome Parties

8 comments:

  1. Yummy this looks so good. I need to try it soon.

    Love your blog

    Check out my food blog if you haven’t already :)

    http://www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being able to make take-out at home! Your recipe looks great. Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week & come back soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! I love freezer meals. This looks good and I have all the ingredients on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! This looks delicious! Thanks for linking up with us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We hope to see you next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mamie,
    This looks like a great meal, I just love Beef Teriyaki and your recipe looks awesome. Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fantastic! I'm going to make this next week! Please link up to Foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious! What a great recipe! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done @ Mamie!

    We always love the way you write your recipe. It's simple and very understandable. The most important thing is, it produces such as fantastic result :)

    If you can join us on our online cookbook site, we surely love to feature you www.mycookbook.com

    ReplyDelete