Sunday, October 30, 2011

Menu Monday October 31

We ate good last week!  I made some new meals and they were all keepers. 

The absolute favorite of mine and a must try for all who read this were the 7-Up Biscuits.  OMG!  I ended up making two batches of these.  And, if I were being totally honest here, ate most of them myself.  I pulled one of those stunts where you shoo everyone away from the kitchen so you can "clean up".  That is code for stand over the sink and eat the rest of the biscuits while no one is watching.  The night I was going to make these wonderful things, I was driving String Beane home from school and he asked what we were having for dinner.  I said "beef stew and biscuits".  He said "I don't like biscuits".  Huh?  I said "you don't?"  and he went on to explain that he did not like biscuits but he did like crescent rolls, toast, and crackers.  I am not sure why I was surprised to learn that he did not like biscuits.  I really did know that he did like toast, crescent rolls and crackers.  So, the conversation ended with me saying "Well, if you don't like biscuits, do you mind if I make them with milk?  You can have crackers with you stew."  He said that was fine by him.  You learn something new every day around here.  Long story short, make the biscuits! 

We also LOVED the Beef Stew  and Sausage Breakfast Cups.  I am going to add both of those to the family favorites. 

On to this week.  I wonder what new information I will find out about my children and their likes and dislikes.  Embarrassing really.

Monday
Jack-O-Lantern Pizza using Beer Batter Pizza Crust

Tuesday

Frogmore Stew

Wednesday
Chicken and Dumplings

Thursday

Pasta with white beans, chicken and spinach

Friday
Crock Pot Recipe: French Dip Sandwich
Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches
Onion Rings
Fruit

What is on your menu for this week?  I am linking up again at Menu Plan Monday.  Click over and check out all of the menu plans and recipes.  Tons of inspiration there!

1 comment:

  1. Not embarrassing at all. My kids taste change all the time, and one thing they liked 6 months ago, they suddenly decide they DON'T like it today. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete