Sunday, October 23, 2011

Mums the Word

Are you ever sorry you started something?  I tried to make my little Beanes happy with these mummy cupcakes.

Butter Beane has been walking around the house for two days now saying "Mummy, Mummy". 

He won't quit.  This was cute at first and I was thrilled he seemed to appreciate the mummy cupcakes. 

Then it got sort of old.  Also, he wants to dress up as a mummy for Halloween.  So we are hearing a lot about mummys right now.  I will be sort of glad for Halloween to come and go. 


 I saw some version of these adorable mummy cupcakes somewhere in blog land.  I can't remember where I originally saw the idea.

Anyway, these cute mummy cupcakes are super easy and my boys loved them!

I made some pumpkin cupcakes and then used some cream cheese frosting and decorative candy eyes and viola`. 

I used this recipe for the pumpkin cupcakes:

2 cups Bisquick Mix
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin , not pumpkin pie mix

Heat oven to 350 and spray cupcake liners with cooking spray.  In a bowl, beat all ingredients on low for 30 seconds, scraping bowl frequently.  Then beat on medium for 2 minutes scraping bowl occasionally.  Pour into cupcake liners.  Bake for 18-22 minutes.  Or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool completely. 

For the cream cheese icing:

3 oz softened cream cheese (I used Touffuti cream cheese)
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened (I used Flieshman's unsalted)
1 Tablespoon milk (soy)
1 Teaspoon vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar

In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar on low speed until smooth.  Add more sugar or milk, as needed, to get the consistency you like.

I dotted some of the icing on the back of the eyes and stuck them on the cupcakes.  Then I piped on the rest of the icing in random strips. 

I think they turned out pretty cute. 

 
I am linking up with Metamorphasis Monday
and these other Awesome Parties.

22 comments:

  1. Very cute! My son would love these :)

    Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week.

    Everyday Mom's Meals

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these cupcakes! They are so cute! I see a Savvy HomeMade Monday feature in your future! :) I am going to share them on my FB page today. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These r amazingly cute..love them..so creative :)) I found ya on Made by you Mon and officially following ya with smile :)) Great blog you have here..
    Ps: I would love to invite you to join over 50 bloggers plus go PINK FOR CURE on Oct 30th..Painting the blog world pink a day and spreading the word on awarness, hope and faith for Breast Cancer..Would love for you to stop in and have a look..Hope u can join in :)) TY * http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/paint-your-blog-pink-awareness-faith.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Cupcakes are cute!

    I am giving your blog the Liebster Blog Award.
    Read about it here:
    http://juliejewels.blogspot.com/2011/10/lifes-wonderful-moments-liebster-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SO CUTE!! Love it. :-) My grandkids would go crazy for these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so yummy and very cute. I may have to try the recipe! Also, I love your header. It is adorable!

    Brie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So CUTE! I wish I had little ones still to make all this fun stuff for! :-)

    Thanks for linky to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS! (next week's theme is National Men Make Dinner.... let's see if we can get lots of men in the kitchen cooking!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very cute. Lol.... Halloween will soon be over and your little one will move on to something else.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable! My kids would love for me to make these :) Thank you so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!

    - Trish

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are having a Halloween Kid Treats party over at Sassy Sites! I would love for you to come by and link this up! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are very cute. It's funny how our kids get stuck on something and don't let go for awhile. Next week it'll be something new =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. how neat are those mummies! Perfect for Halloween!

    Thanks for linking this up to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha I love how they look! and how the eyes pop out

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so cute! And, a mummy costume shouldn't be too hard to put together. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are just adorable and look yummy! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week end and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these!!! SO super dooper cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are crazy cute! Love it! I would love for you to link up at TGIF Linky Party -
    http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties
    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are just adorable and look yummy! I think I have to cook a small cup cakes after dinner! Thanks for doing all the work to find so many yummy dishes in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are adorable! Such fun cupcakes for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete