Saturday, November 12, 2011

Apple Krispy Treats with Free Printable

I first made these wonderful treats back in September for String Beane to take to school.  He loved them!  He loves everything Krispy Treat and so do I.  So I make them a lot.  Too much maybe.  But I really like the praise from my little Beanes, so I will keep making them.


Aren't they cute?  They are super easy to make and you can customize them very easily for food allergies!   Woot!

Ingredients
6 C. Krispy Rice Cereal
1 pkg. large marshmallows
3 T. butter (I used Flieshman's unsalted margarine)
1 small pkg. Jell-o powder, cherry or strawberry flavor
25 cola flavored gummy candies
Green fruit roll ups
Baking spray
Wax Paper
Red Food Coloring, optional
Directions
Place marshmallows and butter in a large sauce pan and heat over medium-low heat until the marshmallows are melted.  Stir in the jello.  If desired, you can add a few drops of red food coloring (depending on how "red" your jell-o is). Add Krispy Rice cereal and stir well. Spray hands with baking spray and roll mixture into balls (a little larger than a golf ball) and drop on wax paper.

After balls have set for a few minutes, use your thumb to press into the top to make an "apple" shape.
Add a cola flavored gummy candy for the stem.  Cut some green fruit roll ups into diamond shapes and stuff in there for the leaves. 

Makes 25 apples!

I originally saw this recipe here.  I just had to change to a milk free margarine and change up the candies to make it work for us. 

Here is a what the free printable looks like.  Isn't it cute?  Hope on over here and print some out for yourself.


I got about 25 apples out of this recipe.  I used the printable and some clear baggies and packaged them up for String Beane's class.  They loved them.  

I am linking up again with Metamorphasis Monday
and these other Awesome Parties!  Go check them out and link up.

11 comments:

  1. Love it! Where do you find cola flavored gummies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping by from craft envy. This is such a great idea! My daughter would love this. Ill have to try it soon! Also, I would love for you to share this at my friday link party. Its new so I would love to have you link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! I have a daughter that is gluten free and this is one of the easy treats that she can have. I think she will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing and adorable.. YUM.. Great recipe.. I'm stopping in from Blessed with Grace and I would LOVE for you to please share this recipe via my Three Weeks Of Thanks Linky party please.. http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/11/thankful-for-food.html - TY.. Wishing you an awesome Tuesday.. ~M

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are awesome! We are huge fans of Rice Krispie treats over here, so I am sure these will be a hit, can't wait to try them and see ;) Thanks for sharing.
    Britney
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable. Can't wait to make some for my kids school teachers. Thanks for sharing. We would love it if you could link this up to our linky party going on right now.

    http://junkintheirtrunk.blogspot.com/2011/11/link-it-up-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute :) They look so much prettier then regular beige rice krispie treats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. whattt. pink rice krispie treats.. oh my goodness looks sooo good... I am definitely going to have to make..I am your newest follower.. If you would like to check out my blog to that would be so great, and follow me back and facebook too. I will be doing free giveaways here shortly on clothing and mineral makeup :)

    -Thanks
    Brooke
    blushboutiquestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI! thanks for linking up to last weeks tasty tuesday party at nap-time creations. Just wanted to let you know I am featuring this recipe at this weeks party. Please stop by and grab a featured button! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're absolutely adorable! So clever!


    In this week of Thanksgiving I especially want you to know how grateful I am to have you be a part of the creative spirit and camaraderie at Rook No. 17. Thank you for linking up to “A Little Birdie Told Me…”!

    Yours,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete