Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pumpkin Patch Treats

 

Soccer season is over and we just had an end of the season soccer party for String Beane's team.  My job was to bring a dessert.  

I really did not want to make another trip to the store for any ingredients.  So I just pulled something together with what I had on hand.

I think they turned out cute.

I used Duncan Heins chewy fudge brownie mix and made brownies in a muffin tin.  Then I frosted them with the famous Crisco butter cream, tinted green.  And I stuck on a pumpkin candy that we had left over from Halloween.


Then I used some Pillsbury sugar cookie dough and made the cookies, according to the package.  Slice and bake.  I had some orange frosting, Crisco style, left over from Halloween.  I piped on the frosting in a swirl and then used some of the green frosting to pipe leaves and vines.
The little soccer team loved them.  I loved them too.  It was a win, win.  And a great way to use what I had on hand to make something special for my String Beane! 

I am linking up again at Metamorphasis Monday
and these other awesome parties!

12 comments:

  1. Very delicious looking, the more frosting the better! LOL Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pumpkin cookies....especially the swirl of green for the vines....great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious. I love your blog. I'm your newest follower.
    Would love to see you DIY Home Sweet home.
    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    P.S. I have a linky every Monday. Would love for you to stop by and link up.
    P.S.S. I have giveaway going on right now. Would love you to stop by and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Sweet Tooth Friday hop. I love the pumpkin cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pumpkins, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great treats, they just look adorable and delicious! Hope you are having a great holiday week end. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you will come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! Thanks so much for linking up at A Little Nosh this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable pumpkin goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm... I love your festive treats!

    Thank you for being a part of making last week’s “A Little Birdie Told Me…” at Rook No. 17 so rich in creativity and inspiration! Today’s party is in full swing, so please feel welcome to drop by and share your talent.

    Yours,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete