Sunday, November 6, 2011

Menu Monday November 7

The days after Halloween can be tricky.  There is all this candy lying around.  Butter Beane wants some constantly.  All I hear is "I can have candy now?"  I always say "you can pick a piece after you eat your lunch."  He continues to ask about 100 more times during lunch and then finally he has eaten enough to warrant a piece of candy.  The other issue is, there is a ton of candy around here that String Beane is allergic to.  It also happens to be my favorite kind of candy.  Reese cups, Snickers, Twix etc...  Mr. Homegrown and I have been eating it for days.  Our metabolism has slowed down so this is not a good practice.  I may just accidentally throw most of it away pretty soon. 

Meals last week were pretty good.  Some hits and misses.  Pizza shaped like a jack-o-lantern is always a winner.  The Crock Pot French dip sandwiches and Chicken and Dumplings are family favorites and were yummy.  I made the Frogmore Stew for Mr. Homegrown and he loved it.  String Beane loves shrimp and so did Jelly Beane.  This was a definite winner.  The big miss was the Pasta with white beans, chicken and spinach.  Mr. Homegrown said not to make that anymore.  It was okay for me but not a repeater at all. 

On to this week:  Here is what I have planned.

Monday
Sweet and Sour Chicken (recipe to come)
Steamed rice

Tuesday
Corn

Wednesday
IMG_3955.JPG
Broccoli
Rice

Thursday
Salad for me!

Friday
Breakfast for Supper
Sausage
Scrambled eggs
Fruit

I am linking up with Organized Junkie.  Go check out the other menu plans and recipes.  There is a ton of inspiration there.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog, it gives me such inspiration. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The upside pizza looks great! New follower from MPM..have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm Melissa from http://redflycreations.blogspot.com I'm contacting you to let you know that I've chosen you and 14 others to receive the "Versatile Blogger Award". You have been featured on my blog and named as a recipient. This award is passed from blogger to blogger as recognition for their hard work and ingenuity. I was awarded it a week or so ago, and now I've passed it on to you.

    ReplyDelete